Thursday, July 2, 2015

Beautification.

Seaweed, Bladder Kelp, Algae, Brown, SeaI spent most of today either traveling or attending a conference.  I finally got a chance to sit down and write about what I've seen.  Today was a day filled with all sorts of art work.  The first bit I saw was at the San Diego International Airport in the shuttle  area of the Terminal 2.  There is some sort of overpass that the shuttle pulled under as it was stopping to pick up a passenger.  I looked up and there were several long stranded plants on the cement.  I continued looking around at it and noticed some fish sprinkled here and there.
Fish, Exotic, Meeresbewohner
After an aha moment, I realized I was looking at seaweed that flowed gracefully all over the underside of that cement overpass.  It was sooo cool.  In many ways, I wish cities would  add a bit more art work in out of the way places such as that. 

Graffiti, Popeye, Wall, ArtI know that cities are often fighting with graffiti artists who love adding pictures in places the city does not want decorated.  Maybe they can designate areas that are in need of beautifying and allow these artists to use their talents to improve these areas.

When I was young, graffiti usually referred to spray painting nasty words on the side of a building.  Over the past few years, it has evolved into an art form that rivals many paintings in the museum. 

No comments:

Post a Comment