Tuesday, September 29, 2015

10 Interesting Facts About Robert Lewis Stevenson

Swains Island, American Samoa, Sea  This morning as I looked out my window, peering at the thin ground covering of snow, I thought of Robert Lewis Stevenson and the pacific.  I pictured him in Tahiti, sitting on the porch, enjoying life.  So I looked him up so I could learn more about him.  I found out so much.  There are facts about him that I didn't know.



1.  He was born in Scotland
2.  He was sick much of his life.
3.  He became a lawyer but never practiced.
4.  He married a woman 12 years his senior.
5. He wrote A Child's Garden of Verses while he recovered from a hemorrhage.
6.  He wrote Dr. Jekyll and Mr Hyde based on a nightmare he had.
7.  Many of his books were first published in serial form.
8.  He settled and lived in Samoa.
9. At the time, Dr Jekyll and Mr. Hyde was his best selling novel.
10.  He  died from a brain hemorrhage at the age of 44.

I found this interesting because I only knew of him as the author of Kidnapped, Treasure Island and Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde.  I didn't know about the other books because I've never heard of his other works.  Possibly because his most famous three are movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment