Sunday, September 20, 2015

Mmmmmm Good!

Fruits, Sweet, Fruit, Exotic, PineappleI love the summer and fall when fruit is just ripe and ready to pick. I realize we often get fruit in the middle of winter.  Fruit that is brought in from countries in South America so its available almost year round.  I fell in love years ago with fruit when my parents couldn't afford much.  I used my baby sitting money to buy apricots, peaches, pears, apples, bananas, cantaloupe, watermelon, cherries and anything else I could find.  I'd buy pounds of fruit and pig out on it. 

Even today, I still have a love of fresh fruit. The other week, I had fresh picked peaches.  As I bit into the fruit, peach juice ran down my chin and the sweetness burst on my tongue flooding my mouth with flavor.  Ohhhhh, talk about ambrosia!  Today, I enjoyed a dark plum with light orange flesh whose flavor filled me with such joy, I was speechless.  mmmmmmm. 

Papaya, Tropical Fruit, Pawpaw, RipeThen there is cantaloupe! Most fruit I like at room temperature but cantaloupe has to be chilled, so the flavor explodes in your mouth and has a shade of ice to it.  It is also the only fruit I tend to but a sprinkle of designer salt on to bring out more flavor. 

When I'm in Hawaii, I always purchase way more papayas, bananas, mango, and pineapple to eat in fruit salad.  I never smother the fruit salad in anything more than a sprinkling of sugar to bring out the juice.  I can eat fruit for breakfast, lunch, dinner or snacks.

Will I ever get tired of fruit?  I doubt it because every time I eat fruit, I experience ecstasy and I love going through the feeling again and again and again.  Fruit is always mmmmm, mmmm, good.


No comments:

Post a Comment