Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Right Out Of A Horror Film

Fog, Tree, Desert, Sky, Earth, BeigeWhen I stepped out onto my porch this morning, I saw it.  A thick, grey, dense bank of fog that had rolled in off the lake making the world appear eerie.  The wooden deck was wet and I could hear geese and other birds calling in the distance, their voices muted.

The moon shown through the mists so it appeared smudged, its light scattered and blending into the fog.  I couldn't see much past the end of the deck.  I couldn't even see the building at the end of the lake no more than a two minute walk away.

House, Halloween, Spooky, Scary, HauntedThe whole scene reminded me of those modern horror films. You know, the ones with the haunted house in the background, the dead body the girl stumbles across in the mists near the house and all her friends decide they must go in to find the murderer.  The misty morning, made me think of that.

You know,  I often wonder why people want to go into a building that has a murderer in it just to find the person!  It makes no sense at all to me.  I'd rather call the police and let them handle finding the lunatic since it is their job.

Everything should clear up by lunch and then it should be a nice warm day with lots of sun.  Yeah!

No comments:

Post a Comment