Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Top 10 Baby Names of 2015

Baby, Hand, Dad  It is now 2016, the year of 2015 is done and the babies have started arriving but we can look back at the most popular baby names to see what could be the most popular this year.

Name tend to be popular over a span of years, one moving up to the top 10  while another moves down. Most of the names from last year will probably be the same this year.

 According to babycenter you can select a name that are similar so that your child has a name that is unique but still similar to the most popular names.  For instance, Ziva is one of the suggested alternatives to Zoe.  If you watch NCIS, they had a character by that name from Israel.  She left the show about 2 seasons ago.  They suggested Kellen, instead of Caden.
 
The top 10 girls names are:                      
1.Sophie
2. Emma
3. Ava
4.Olivia
5. Mia
6. Isabella
7. Zoe
8. Lily
9. Emily
10. Madison

The top 10 boys names are:
1. Jackson
2. Aiden
3. Liam
4. Lucas
5. Noah
6. Mason
7. Ethan
8. Caden
9. Logan
10. Jacob


When I was expecting, I pulled out a book of baby names and thumbed through them until I found just the right names.  I didn't pay any attention to the popular names.  I also didn't pay attention to suggestions.  I wanted to find just the right names.  The ones that rolled off the tongue and would be theirs.

Did I do it?  I think so.

No comments:

Post a Comment