Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Longwood Gardens.

Monday, I spent a few hours at Longwood Gardens just outside of Philadelphia.  Longwood Gardens was originally developed by the Dupont family back in the late 1800's or early 1900's.  They build this huge conservatory with enough space to grow plants from a variety of climates.  In the summer, the grounds are bursting with beauty but being spring, not as much was blooming.  However, the place was celebrating orchids with a huge "Orchid Extravaganza" 

They placed orchids every where they could as part of the celebration.  As soon as you walked in the lobby, they'd placed orchids on multiple vertical services near the gift shop to give people their first sight of these beautiful flowers.


As soon as you walk out of the lobby into the patio heading out to the gardens, they painted beautiful orchids on the walls.  Look at the awe inspiring detail of the paintings.  So real you could almost touch them. 


Here is the other orchid painted on the wall. This one is such a gorgeous yellow and purple flower against the black background.  When I saw it, I wanted to touch it because it looked so real. 


Below are more pictures of orchids.  Throughout the conservatory, the gardens placed bowls of orchids all over the place.  Every where you looked, orchids, more orchids, and more.  These pictures do not do justice to them.




Tomorrow, I'll post pictures of some of the tree houses I explored at Longwood Gardens.  These are not the tree houses of your childhood.  The day after, I have to share some of the joy I experienced in the children's garden in the conservatory.  

Have a good day and enjoy these pictures.  I had a blast taking these pictures.  Let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment