Friday, January 4, 2019

The Mall!

These pictures were taken this past Sunday when I walked from my hotel to the mall to check it out and to do some shopping at one of the tourist shops.   As we left the hotel, I found this tree with pomegranates on it.  I've never seen them on a plant before.  As far as I can tell, these are not quite ripe but some appear to be ripening slowly.  This tree is located in the small square located in front of the hotel which is in the upper corner of the photograph.
As I walked towards the shopping mall, nothing was on the streets except for walkers, runner, skateboarders, and mothers with strollers.  Apparently, Cabo closes down the street every Sunday morning for several hours for a fun run.  That explained why the traffic took the first one way street away from the main road.  Shifting regular traffic off meant the small side road was bumper to bumper and it was not moving very fast.  The walk over was so nice and just before I got to the mall, there were a group of people doing aerobics exercise in the street with nice loud music.

This shows how nice it is inside.  It was fairly early so not many people were exploring at the mall.  I suspect many were at church or enjoying a sleep in. From the outside, it didn't look that good because the city was redoing the corner and I had to walk through a nasty construction area.

This photo was taken over near the shop of an artist who is well known in Mexico and world wide I'm told.  I saw some of his work and popped into the shop to ask permission to take pictures.

I suspect I've seen his work somewhere on line because it looks so familiar but I can't say his name rings any bells.

For those of you into art, you might recognize the name.  Sergio Bustamonte has created some awesome sculptures filled with character and fun.



I saw these guys and I had to take pictures of them because they remind me a bit of the work done by Dr Seuss and a couple of other people.

I looked at the Dr Fish sign and thought it was someone who diagnoses your sick fish but that is not what they do there.  Its actually a place where people put their feet into the water and let the fish nibble the feet.  Its supposed to be quite relaxing and fun.

By the time you read this I will have returned to Alaska.  I admit, I am not ready to go back to work.  I've really enjoyed getting up when I want, having a nice breakfast, then taking an nice long walk twice a day and in-between, I take naps and I have been catching up on my fun reading.

Let me know what you think, I'd love to hear.  Have a great weekend.

























Finally, a new way to relax.

No comments:

Post a Comment