Thursday, December 31, 2015

My New Years Resolutions

Hand, Keep, New Year'S Day  It is the night before 2016.  I've made my list of resolutions and checked it twice.  I decided long ago that I should not add many new resolutions each year but continue with the ones I've been working on for years.

1.  Continue exercising 5 out of 7 days a week.  I've concluded that the walks to the post office, to the store, or even out to the old airport count as exercise because that whole trip is at least 1/2 to a full mile.  On days I have to go back to work, I can get by on a short walk or a 10 minute exercise segment.  I try hard to walk at least 10,000 steps per day.

2.  Make time for myself and my interests.  I find that if I am not careful, I take work home and work all night.  It is hard to take time to just sit and relax.  I have two pairs of socks in various states of creation.  I am almost finished with one pair, I just have to finish the toe and the other, I just started and finished the cuff.  I found a bright strong pink which I don't mind.  I decided I don't like the pastel pinks, I prefer vibrant pinks. 

3.  I have to continue my dancing.  I need to do at least 15 to 40 min at least 3 days a week but I try for more.  I love dancing and often loose myself in the longer pieces of music.  I like pieces that are about 20 min long with a variety of tempos and atmospheres.  I love middle eastern dance best although I'll mix in some Latin American or African just for a change.

4.  I plan to continue eating better.  I love eating fresh prepared food where I choose the ingredients and have a chance to enjoy the flavors.  I'm not quite into slow eating yet but I plan to slow down enough to really enjoy the flavors.  I"m preparing to do a quick shopping trip tomorrow to get some fresh fruits and veggies to take back to enjoy.  You know cooking from scratch does not take much time, especially if you plan ahead.

5.  I want to get my blog entries written several days ahead and stay ahead so I don't get behind.  I keep promising myself that but I've not manged it more than once or twice. 

That is my full list of resolutions for the year of 2016.

No comments:

Post a Comment