Friday, December 30, 2016

In Transit.

  I am on my way home.  I am sitting in a small terminal, waiting for my flight out to my village.  The internet is crappy so I'm on long enough to let you all know I am alive and doing well.

Out in the bush of Alaska, you take one of the big planes to the hub and then switch over to a smaller airlines composed of small 9 passenger planes.  These planes haul mail and people.

It looks good to get out to the village I live and work in.  Yesterday, a storm came through which caused most flights to be cancelled.  Today, its much better and I'm told it looks good enough to get home tonight.

I really don't want to get stuck here because hotel rooms run in the $200 range while Bed and Breakfasts are around $150 so its expensive if I have to spend the night.  
 
When I travel, I always check the weather, call the airlines, and hope for the best.  I'm off to read but I"ll be back to normal tomorrow night.

No comments:

Post a Comment