Friday, September 7, 2018

LoungeBuddy App

Galleon Rio De Janeiro Airport Travel Trip
 I travel quite a bit in the summer. Sometimes I go overseas, sometimes not but there are many times when I have several hours between arriving and my connecting flight. Trying to wait in the terminal, near a charging station or even finding a charging station is a pain.

I spend a lot of time going through the SeaTac airport which is undergoing expansion and the plugs that used to be there are no more.  You find them in walls along the walkways so you have to park there.

The app, LoungeBuddy,  I downloaded today is designed to help people like me.  I have not tried it but it had decent ratings and looks good.  This app is designed to let you type in an airport such as Frankfurt or Seattle and they will let you know how much it costs to purchase access to one of the airline lounges.  That helps so much because I do not always know where any are or I am not a member of one so I don't know where to go.

What's cool about the app is you can check out the airport for lounges who have day passes available, the price, its location, hours, amenities available, pictures, etc so you know what its like.  On the location, it even tells you whether its inside or outside security.  If the lounge offers an overnight option, you'll know.  For instance, in Philadelphia, the lounge offers an overnight option so you can rent a suite for up to 8 hours to sleep.  It's priced by the hour but still may come out cheaper than renting a regular hotel room for 4 hours.

In addition, you can check out specific airline lounges such as Alaska Airlines or American to see what lounges they have at each airport and the going cost.  I like that it even tells you limits to visitors such as needing to show a boarding pass to prove you are traveling, limits on alcohol, etc.  If you want to use the lounge, that day, you know how much and where to pay. 

Furthermore, if the lounge does not accept walkup payment, it will tell you. At the bottom of the page, Lounge Buddy lists other possible lounges in the same concourse regardless of if you can purchase a day pass through this app.  I checked the Frankfort airport and discovered the Sky Lounge offers access to a shower for just 2 Euros more.

I checked the reservation process which is streamlined and easy.  When you purchase the pass, you are told the length of time, that it is per person so you can buy multiple passes ahead of time, you can usually cancel up to 24 hours in advance at no charge.  You even provide the time you are planning on arriving at the lounge.

I even learned about a program called Priority Pass's Lounge Program with several different levels of membership and allows entrance to over 1000 lounges world wide.  The least expensive, the standard level, offers admission at a reduced price but the other more expensive levels offer either limited or or totally free but all guest are still charged the $27 fee.

I have not used this but since I'll be traveling to Europe this next summer and doing a lot of travel, I plan to use this when I'm stuck in airports for multiple hours and need a place to hand.  I love the information provided and not just on the lounges you can book through this app but through others.

Le me know what you think, I'd love to hear from you, especially if you've used this service before.  Have a great day.



2 comments:

  1. Sounds like an investment that you should have made! Have fun in all of those lounges while traveling!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by to read this. I'll let you know how it goes the next time I have to travel. I appreciate your comment.

      Delete