Wednesday, September 5, 2018

The 8 Most Expensive Liquor in the World

Martini Drop Water Colo Drink Alcohol Glas

I will preface this column with the note that I am not a drinker in anyway shape or form but the rest of my family does.  My father's favorite is Talisker single malt whisky from Scotland.  It's the one thing I know I can give him at Christmas, Father's day, and on his birthday and knew he'll love it.  He's reached an age where he appreciates its taste even more.

I know that some liquors are more expensive than others so I thought I'd check into those because I'm always interested in prices of the finer things even if I can't afford them.  My list is not necessarily in order of price, just to let you know.

1.  Armand de Brignac Midas is a wonderful champagne from a small vineyard in France.  It comes in a gold painted 30L bottle packaged in a minimalistic black box for a measly $200,000 price tag.  A regular bottle of champagne from these same producers is still rather expensive at $300.

2. Bombay Sapphire Revelation is a limited run of five bottles filled with a high quality gin.  The bottles are adorned with  Baccarat crystal, diamonds and sapphires and goes for $200,000 per bottle.

3. The Dalmore 62 is one  of the most expensive bottles of scotch in the world for only $215,000.  The liquor was aged for 62 years before being bottled.  In addition, only twelve bottles were ever produced so its a very limited run. It has been suggested a person buy a bottle and keep it because as the other bottles are opened, the value for the unopened ones will increase.

4. Royal Salute Tribute to Honor is  another scotch one can purchase at $215,000 per bottle.  The liquor is a mixture of its various scotches, the youngest of which is 45 years old.  The bottle is encrusted with over 400 black and white diamonds.

5. The Macallan 64 Year old in Lalique: Cire Perdue is a scotch that goes for $460,000 per bottle.  The bottle is filled with 64 year old whiskey but what makes it so expensive is that only one bottle was ever made. 

6. DIVA Vodka goes through a process where it is triple distilled from natural spring water and other ingredients before its filtered through sand made from diamonds and gem stones before being placed in a bottle encrusted with tons of diamonds.  The price?  Only one million dollars.

7. Henri IV Dudognon Heritage Cognac Grande Champagne is an extremely rare cognac aged for 100 years before being bottled in a sterling platinum and 24 carat gold container encrusted with  over 6000 diamonds.  This is yours for $2,000,000.

8. Pasion Azteca, Platinum Liquor Bottle is the most expensive in the world at $3.5 million.  For that you get the most expensive tequila in the world.  Must of the cost is due to the bottle it comes in.  The four year old tequila is found in a platinum and white gold bottle covered with about 6,400 diamonds.

As I said, I am not a drinker but its interesting to see three scotches on the list and finding out the tequila is the most expensive but it appears much of the cost is due to the fancy container they come in.

Let me know what you think, I'd love to hear.  Have a great day.


2 comments:

  1. Wow! This is such an interesting post. I knew that certain wines could get pricey, but I had no idea about liquors like this! Thanks for sharing! From The Blogger's Pitstop

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was stunned myself. I found it fascinating because my dad is a scotch drinker. Thank you stopping by.

    ReplyDelete