Saturday, June 27, 2015

Hidden Treasures Part 2

 My daughter spotted this cute cat planter on someone's porch and had to take a picture.  It is sooo adorable and to me, it has a wonderful sassy attitude.  Who ever created this planter really knows their cats.......LOL.


I think it was the same trip,we saw this juxtaposition of real birds and a sculpture on the roof.  The black birds are the real thing while the owl sitting on the chimney unit is the sculpture.  Oh the weird thing showing to the left of the chimney turns out to be part of the satellite dish that is installed on the roof.  I kept trying to figure out what it represented till I got past the house and looked back.......LOL.

Again, my daughter spied this from the main road and took a picture of Lady Liberty painted on the side of a house.  I didn't even see it until she pointed it out.  There was a huge apple tree laden with fruit in the corner of the yard while the owners had posted a sign "Friends gather here" at the corner of the house.  The whole atmosphere of the house was welcoming.

 I believe that was the same street where we found a house whose house number was in Roman Numerals rather than the usual numerical digits.  Being a math teacher, the Roman Numerals caught my attention.....LOL.


Somewhere along the way, we spotted this little woodland creature sitting in the bushes waiting for someone to share munchies with it.  I believe there was a huge stone snail just to the right on the other side of the stairs that are just out of view in the picture.  I think its a squirrel but I'm a bit shaky on identifying creatures made of stone.

As a good bye for today,  we found this beautiful dragonfly in a flower bed of a house.  Both my daughter and I fell in love with it when we saw it.  It also took us a few minutes to find the angle that worked best taking the picture.

The dragonfly  looks almost like it is on patrol, keeping the garden safe from predators. 

I don't know if I'll be able to publish anything tomorrow as I am traveling to Michigan for a three day class.  I will try to put something out during a 3 hour layover in the airport but we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment