Thursday, October 8, 2015

Count Down

In about three weeks, I"ll be in Hawaii at Schools of the Future
conference both attending and presenting at it. I'll be going from rainy, muddy and or snowy to delightful tropical weather.  It will be the beginning of November when it will still be warm enough for me to enjoy the temperature difference.

I actually enjoy Hawaii at any time of the year.  This is my second trip this year for technology conferences. Last time I was there, I took a submarine trip.  This time, I'm debating if I want to go on a round the Island tour or keep my memories from long ago when things were less crowded.   Its like my father talks  about when he lived there as a boy and how things have changed so much since then.  I know everything changes but our memories of long ago still leave us with rose colored glasses. 

I remember a small place downtown my parents used to get Kona Coffee and a coconut candy that was so good that it made you feel as if you were walking on clouds.  Of course, there was the shop with lemon peel and dried cherry seed.  Then one must not forget Li Hing Mui, a dried seed eaten with lemon.  Yum. Do I still eat these things?  When I can.  There are some things you never forget from your childhood, that will stay with you until the end of time.

Will I take the tour?  I don't now yet.  I might just hop a bus and ride it out to the far reaches of Oahu to visit Hanama Bay or maybe go to Sea Life Park.  I don't know but I love the possibilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment