Thursday, October 1, 2015

Fireplaces

As the temperature drops and the weather starts getting cruddy, I begin to long for a fireplace.  Yes, those brick fireplaces set in a wall.  The ones that are no longer socially acceptable because they do little to really heat houses.

You know the scene.  The nice warm room with a fur rug, a nice snugly armchair, a cup of hot cocoa with floating marshmallows and best of a roaring crackling fire.

Fireplace, Firefox, Tree, Fire, FlameI would not be sitting in the chair.  I would be on the fur rug, two soft pillows under my head, and a throw blanket over me.  I'd be near enough to the fire to enjoy the heat but far enough away not to catch on fire.  My hot cocoa would be in a spill proof cup because its too easy to lose a full cup of liquid when you lie on the floor.

Hmmm, I might even have some marshmallows, chocolate and graham crackers so I can make Some' mores when I get hungry.  Mmmmmm, I love those ooooey, goooooey confections.

I bet you are wondering what brought this on?  It was a miserable day of rain, cold, and wind that blanketed the area after a lovely morning.  The type of weather that makes you want to stay home in front of the fire and never leave till it clears up.  I don't have a fire place but one of my coworkers bought one of those fake fire places so she can sit in front of it when the heat goes down.  Me?  I just wrap up in more blankets.

No comments:

Post a Comment