When I was a child, I went through a phase where I only wanted a peanut butter, marshmallow creme, coconut, and peanut sandwich. I didn't want just a plain PB&J, I wanted this ooey, gooey, sandwich whose flavors melted together to make me feel special. I admit, it only lasted a short time but still, I had something no one else had.
We all know about PB & pickles or PB & sliced bananas but what are the unusual sandwiches found world wide? I found some really interesting ones which might make you cringe as much as me? On to the list that is in no particular order.
1. The Luther Burger which is technically a sandwich due to the bread and meats. It has the usual meat, bacon, etc but what sets it apart is the doughnut used instead of bread so it has a mixture of sweet and savory flavors.
2. The Lasandwich - a lovely sandwich with lasagna fillings. So instead of layering the meat, cheese, etc with pasta, they took the meat filling and cheese and put it between two pieces of bread.
3. The McDonald Sandwich - its not made by the fast food restaurant. Its a creation of a chef and filled with wagyu beef, fois de gras, black truffle mayonnaise, brie cheese, and a few other things. What makes this gourmet sandwich stand out is the $100 price tag associated with it.
4. The Double Down, a creation from Kentucky Fried Chicken that replaces the bread with two fried chicken fillets but still has the cheese, sauce, and bacon.
5.The Big Sandwich with pepperoni, bacon, sausage, burgers, potato chips, chicken nuggets and so much more that its got way more calories and sodium than most people need in a day.
6. The Tastykake Sandwich a sweet and savory concoction with chocolate covered, peanut butter flavored sponge cakes surrounding a cheese burger. Not my idea of a sandwich.
7. The Melo - filled with pepperoni, salami, and bacon. The meat lovers special and about 1.5 inches thick of nothing but meat.
8. The Canwich - the sandwich in a can. You pop the lid, slide it out, and eat. No refrigeration needed with a nice long shelf life. Perfect for the person who is stocking food away for an emergency.
9. The Rubic's Cubewich - A sandwich made in the shape of Rubic's cube with cubes of cold meats and cheese between two thin layers of bread. I don't think you can solve it but it looks interesting.
10. The Fried Brain Sandwich - contains a wonderful filling of fried brains.
I think I'll stick with my usual fare for my sandwiches and leave these to other people. I hope you found this list as interesting as I did.