Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Our Fabric Stash

Our Fabric Stash
 The other day, I drove down to Seattle to visit relatives.  As part of the visit, we ended up spending an hour or so at Pikes Place Market.  If you've never been Pikes Place Market is a huge winding multilevel structure filled with nooks and crannies.

One of those crannies I stumbled across on level 3 down under is Our Fabric Stash, a place for those who collect and stash fabric.  I'm sure your family has one or two.  I'm the one in my family. 

Crates of Quilting Fabric
This awesome store is filled with all sorts of materials from beaded that would be fantastic done up in a 1920's flapper dress to silks, to a wall of quilting fabrics.  One of the ladies with me saw this beautiful embroidered pin, purple, and silver leafy material. I have no idea what she saw it in but it told me, it would be best made up into a Disney type gown for like Snow White or Cinderella.

One wall had crates filled with quilting fabrics of all colors and patterns.   Off in the corners, I saw books on sewing, beading, and other related topics.  The whole feel is as if you are walking into an old fashioned general store filled only with fabrics.  I loved the whole look.

I didn't know it was a consignment shop when I walked in.  I just saw the beautiful fabrics in the store and I immediately headed in much like a moth to a flame..  It was only after I spoke to the sales clerk, I discovered this. The sales clerk said this is the only fabric consignment store in the nation.  The great thing is that you do not have to live near Seattle to take advantage of their services.

Containers of Fabrics
They charge a fee of $25 per year but you can send your fabric to them to sell with a 60/40 split once its sold.  The sales clerk indicated that out of state folks can send the fabric to them, they unpack it and sell it but you have to price it, tag it, and provide an inventory of what is being sent.  You get paid soon after its sold.

You have to pay the fee of $25 per year in order to get your own unique consignment number. The tags on the material I looked at had amount, price, and a consignment number, no names.   I was impressed by what I saw. I also feel wonderful that I made it out of there without spending anything.  

In addition, the sales person indicated in another month or two, everything will be on the website so you can see what they have in stock.  Their website is nice with the information on memberships easy to find. 

All I can say is that if you are addicted to fabrics and the possibilities they offer, you need to check this place out.  You can find it at Pike Place Market #326 in Seattle.  Their phone number is 206-4196 any time between 10:00 am and 6:00 pm Monday through Saturday or 11:00 am to 5:00 pm on Sundays. 

As I said, I kept finding materials that spoke to me about what they needed to be made into.  Check it out if you are in the area, otherwise, look at the website. Have fun.





No comments:

Post a Comment