Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Dreaming of The Future.

Quote, Wall Art, Message, Dream, Achieve  This is a very important phrase because when we have dreams for the future, it gives us a path we can follow in life.

Dreams help us set goals.  Dreams help us figure out how to accomplish those goals.  This blog is one of the ways I have to accomplish my goal of becoming a writer.

Yes I have several ideas I want to turn into books but I don't always have the time right now to do it.  Instead, I keep a diary with the story ideas for when I make the time.

I also have several nonfiction books I want to write.  I have started those but I keep getting distracted by my day job. Yes, I allow myself to get distracted.

I still want to get a job as a stewardess for one of the local airlines.  I've discovered that I can get hired once I retire from my current job. I wanted to be a stewardess beginning in seventh grade but life interrupted and that had to be put on the back burner.  Imagine how excited I got when I discovered that age is no longer as much a factor as it was when I was young.

In addition, I want to start two different businesses. One is to design and make hats while the other is to create unique jewelry that people will demand.  I've got the patterns already for the hats with much of the business plans figured out.  As for the jewelry?  Well, I've got some ideas, I just have to figure out the mechanics to see if I can do it.

I plan to open a youtube channel for some of my educational ideas.  I am aware, I will have to create a following an provide something a bit different so I stand out.  I love creating greenscreen videos for use in my classroom.

I think dreams give us hope when life gets too real.  Dreams give us that push we need to keep going because dreams are the what if for a time that has not yet arrived.  The future is filled with so many possibilities.  Sometimes too many possibilities.

I often feel like a puppy as I bounce back and forth between the things I want to do.  I am not going to quit my job to pursue these possibilities because I need the security of having enough savings to survive pursuing my dreams.

I know people quit and head off around the world but I've had too many experiences where I was working multiple jobs to survive and at that point I had no insurance.  I was happy, I never got sick or I would have been in severe trouble.

Will I make it in the future as a writer, hat designer, or jewelry artist?  Who knows but it is great that I have these possibilities to pursue.  I love having dreams and I'll have them until I die.

Let me know what you think.  I'd love to hear.

No comments:

Post a Comment