Monday, April 17, 2023

How To Put Exercise Into Your Busy Schedule.

 

There are times when our schedule gets so busy that we let things slide.  I know that I tend to let my exercising slide because I get tired and after a long, hard, busy day, I don't feel like doing anything but sitting in my chair and vegging. I am sure there are others who find themselves in this predicament.  I know that if I skip one day, it is easier to skip another and another until I'm hardly working out.  Knowing this about myself made me find ways to exercise.  So today, I'll be sharing this with you.

Some of these suggestions work year round while others depend on where you are located.  Go through the list, check them out, and decide which ones will work for you.  I have my favorites I try to do as much as possible.

Let's begin with walking.  Sometimes, it is difficult to go out for a walk by yourself so walk your dog, your neighbors dog, children, or even your spouse so you follow through.  I've got friends whose children are too young to walk, so they put the children in a stroller and head out pushing it so they get a bit of exercise and their children get some fresh air.  I have a walking partner who is willing to head out for a nice walk. It can be a long walk, or a short walk but even 10 minutes at a good pace really helps.

Speaking of 10 minutes, there are multiple 10 minute workouts you can do.  Some are on DVD's if you like following along with someone, or check youtube.com for a multitude of 10 minute workout videos. You can find workouts to target abs, overall health, HITT, and so much more.  The American Heart Association has one you can do at your own pace.  No matter what, a good 10 minute workout is easy to put in your daily routine.  I've also found that beginning with a 10 minute workout can motivate you into doing more on days you feel lazy.

If you have to spend a lot of time on your cell phone, think about getting up and walking around the building so that you are moving rather than staying in a chair.  Some offices have some nice paths on the floor while others aren't as clear but the important thing is to move.  Speaking of work, when you take your 15 minute break, head outside and walk if it is nice or plan to take several laps around the floor so you are moving rather than just sitting and eating. 

Furthermore, think about spending part of your lunch time walking around or check out the on-site gym to see what they offer.  If you have a one hour lunch break, you have time to fit in a quick workout or come in a bit early, or stay a bit late and use the facilities so you get a short workout done.  

In nice weather, you might think about biking to work, parking your car as far away from the building so you have to walk to and from the building.  If you work in a low building, consider taking the stairs up to your office rather than taking the elevator.  You might puff a bit the first few times you climb the stairs but it gets so much easier the more you do it.

Fitting in a bit of exercise in your busy schedule is just a matter of getting creative.  There are ways to do it regularly especially if you walk around with your cell phone, or walk around the building, taking stairs, or parking at the farthest edge of the lot.  To quote a shoe company "Just Do It!"  Let me know what you think, I'd love to hear.

No comments:

Post a Comment