Did you ever wonder about the most expensive foods in the world? I do occasionally when I hear comments about caviar and how expensive it is? I don't know anything about it since I'm not exactly in a place where we find it on the store shelves. So I read something today that just made this question come to the forefront.
1. The $666 Douche Burger for $666. It is made of a Kobe beef patty stuffed with foie gras and gold leaf while topped with caviar, lobster and truffles with melted cheese on top.
2. The most expensive dessert for a whopping $25,000 is an ice cream sundae with a blend of 28 cocoas (14 of which are the most expensive in the world), decorated with edible gold leaf and served in a cup lined with edible gold leaf, and at the bottom under everything is one 18 carat gold bracelet with a one carat diamond.
3. The most expensive curry running $3200 can be found in London. The curry is made up of Devon Crab, white truffle, gold leaf, a lobster coated in gold, Beluga caviar, four abalones, and four quail eggs. Wow, that is quite a mix.
4. How about paying $1780 for a slice of a meat pie filled with a rare beef, two different rare mushrooms, winter black truffles, mixed in a gravy containing an expensive vintage wine topped with an edible gold leaf encrusted crust.
5. Of course you could spend $1000 for a lobster frittata containing sevruga caviar which retails for $65 per ounce, eggs, cream, and chives.
6. For breakfast you could spend another $1000 for a simple bagel topped with a white truffle creme cheese and a goji berry infused wine jelly finished off with pieces of edible gold leaf.
7. What about $2400 for a pizza with white truffles and edible gold leaf? This one is a special order that needs ordering one week in advance.
8. Would you pay $145 for a hot dog with mustard, mayo, baby greens, applewood smoked bacon, an imported Swedish cheese, tomato, dried cranberries, and a fancy balsamic vinaigrette all on an herbed Focaccia toasted in a white truffle butter.
9. Did you realize the most expensive sushi runs almost $2000 for five pieces because each piece is wrapped in edible gold leaf, topped with caviar and served with a diamond.
10. Finally, would you pay $180 for ham made from pigs raised only on acorns and roots? This particular ham is also cured for 3 years before being packaged in a handmade box with a handmade apron and a certificate of DNA proving its authenticity!
I fear that a simple meal from a few of these items would cost me more than my house payment for several months! Enjoy your day!