Just after I bought it and took it to fill up with diesel, I discovered it was a guy magnet. They'd walk over and ask all sorts of technical questions and I gave them my helpless look because honestly, I needed the truck's pulling capability and it did the job I don't know all the technical details because it holds no interest for me.
Since I cringed paying $35K, I wondered what some of the most expensive cars are. We've all heard about Lamborghini's and other exotic models but are there some we've never heard of? Ohhh there are and the prices for them make me pass out. The cost of many of those cars will buy you a custom build car in the most expensive part of the city.
1. The Koenigsegg CCXR Trevita starts us off at a whopping $4.8 million. You are reading that correctly. Aside from the fact it is a sleek, low to the grown vehicle, it is encrusted in diamonds. It is not regular faceted diamonds but the Swedish manufacturer created a finish where they coat carbon fibers with a diamond dust impregnated resin. Wow, diamonds on a car and its even street legal!
2. The Lamborghini Veneno or Poison comes in at $4.5 million. This extremely fast, sleek almost race car looking vehicle was built to celebrate the car maker's 50th anniversary. It can go from 0 to 60 mph in 2.9 seconds.
3. The Lykan Hypersport is only $3.4 million. If you've ever seen Furious 7 where a car crashed through several skyscrapers in Dubai, you've seen this car. Its design include jewel encrusted head lights, scissor doors and other elements that make it look like something from a futuristic movie.
4. Another $3.4 million car is the Limited Edition Bugatti Veyron. In addition to being one of the most expensive cars in the world, it is also one of the fastest, capable of getting up to 254 mph. Its low slung carbon fiber body makes it look as if it hugs the ground as it speeds across the landscape.
5. The Ferrari Pininfarina Sergio comes in at $3 million with its open close to the ground appearance. What makes it so expensive is that there were only 6 ever made so it is highly coveted. This is not one you can just go out and purchase, you have to be approved by the automaker or you can't buy it.
6. The Pagani Huayra, named after the Incan God of Winds, goes for a measly $2.6 million. This one is quite light as just over 2500 pounds with lots of power but only 20 were made.
7. The Ferrari F60 American was built to celebrate Ferrari's 60 years in the North American market. Only 10 of these were built but they have a patriotic spirit decked out in a stars and stripes color theme all for $2.5 million.
8. There is the Bugatti Chiron for $2.5 million with the ability to go from 0 to 60 in 2.5 seconds. It's low to the ground aerodynamically slick look makes you want to watch it race.
9. The Koenigsegg One:1 for $2 million looks as if it stepped from a redone Back To The Future. It has a 1 kg to horsepower ratio which means it can go around 273 mph. Its F-1 honeycomb core, carbon fiber manifold and ventilated ceramic brakes can produce a swift ride.
10. At the bottom of the list is the Koenigsegg Regera for a paltry $2 million. This vehicle is powered by both a twin turbo engine and a battery pack which causes it to go from 0 to 186 mph in just over 10 seconds.
Talk about luxury! You'd have to have lots of money available to afford any of these vehicles. They are cool to look at but I'd hate to see the actual cost of insurance on them. Let me know what you think.