Sunday, May 31, 2015

Long bike rides and philosophy

Bike, Wheel, Mountain Bike, CyclingToday I rode down to the bottom of the huge hill, about 1/3rd of the way to the ice cream place in town.  It was the first time I rode in the past two years so I'm pretty happy with myself.  On the other hand, I've only ridden up that hill one or two times.  If asked, I'll tell you that it is hard on my knees but that is not the whole truth.

Bike, Rays, TireA few years ago, someone I know wanted to go bike in Nepal.  Its a dream he had for many years but when the opportunity came up, he decided to get on with his career.  Over time, there are others who chose to be sensible rather than follow their dreams or desires.  The same applies to me.

Ice Cream, Summer, Cornet, Cone, Kiosk
I choose not to go up that hill as often as I should because I don't have the motivation to do so.  If I went up on a regular basis, my knees really wouldn't hurt and I could ride all the way to the ice cream place and get that delicious, locally made ice cream.

I could even justify enjoying the ice cream because I already worked off the calories......LOL.  I hate going up hills because you usually have to go down hill on the return trip. My problem is that I am scared of falling.  I"d rather walk my bike up and down the hill rather than take a chance on falling.

Mountains, Snow, Sky, Nepal, LandscapeTowards the end of the ride, I realized that I don't have to go up the hill because it is always going to be there for me.  When I'm ready, I 'll do it. Just like my friend and Nepal.  He can decide to go at any time.  I realized that I can go all the way to town when I am ready  and if I'm never ready, who cares! 

Always remember, the future is full of possibilities......LOL.




No comments:

Post a Comment