Sunday, November 15, 2015

Its Official!

Airplane, Aircraft, Airline, Plane  I've decided to retire within the next 4.5 years.  I thought about going another 10 years but what the hell.  If I wait that long, I may have missed several opportunities.

So why 4.5 years?  Because so much is changing in my field that I feel like I won't be evaluated as fairly as I have in the past.  I feel as if things are spiraling out of control and the standards of evaluation have moved into an area that is ridiculous.  

Last night, I realized I've gotten enough air miles to go around the world!  Anywhere I want to go!  I could spend a year having fun just wandering.  Just think, I could go to Bali and enjoy the delights there.  Visit Tahiti to live there for a couple weeks and enjoy the local color.  What about a quick trip through Iceland to enjoy all the delights there.  Hmmmm, maybe India or Japan for the food.  So many possibilities.

Then for the house.  Well I've got several possibilities as far as states go.  All I have to do is choose one piece of land and build.  I have a couple designs in mind that will allow me what I want in a house so it will be open, have room and allow me the sun room I want.

So now I have a list of things to do before I retire.  They will include getting a couple side businesses up and running so I still have the income I want coming in.  This is above the retirement I'll be getting.  I don't want to retire fully, I want to have just enough to stay busy.  Yes, I can see the end of the tunnel!




No comments:

Post a Comment