Monday, November 2, 2015

No, NO, NOOOOOO

Bora-Bora, French Polynesia, Sunset  As you know, I am visiting Honolulu right now.  I arrived to the beautifully warm climate with sunshine and a nice breeze.  What I did not expect was the amount of humidity at this time of the year.  The hotel clerk stated that El Nino has left the islands quite humid since June.

Yuck.  Its the sticky humidity that clings to you even when you walk around.  Its not bad at 6:30 in the morning, just after the sun has come up but by 10 AM you can feel it sticking to you and making you really feel it.

On the other hand, Honolulu has a great bus system that costs $2.50 to go anywhere on the island.  In addition, you grab a transfer when you board, go shopping and if its under 2 hours you can use the transfer to ride back.  I did that last night to pop over to Ala Moana to pick up a new cord for my iPad, some white chocolate peppermint tea and a great thai green curry for dinner.  I ended up buying enough food for two to three meals. 

This morning, I went to the Korean place to grab an omelet with two scoops of rice.  I could have gotten toast but the rice is better with the omelet and you can add soy sauce or Kim chi to add lots of flavor.  Mmmmmmmm.  I live off of the thai curry and the korean omelets.

If you are curious, the korean omelet is actually the egg mix for scrambled eggs with the veggies and meat cut into tiny pieces thrown in and cooked all together so its flat.  There is no filling because its been added into the mix.  I actually prefer it that way.

I am off to have a nice walk.  Enjoy your day.

No comments:

Post a Comment