Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Yeah, This Is Me Today!

Have you ever just floated in water?  Let the waves gently rock you, making you relax and feel as though you could float through life?  I think we've all felt that way at some point.

I enjoy watching live coral because they just seem to sway to a slow piece  of music audible only to them as they all move in time.  If you watch them, they seem so carefree and relaxed. 

There are times I wish I could be as relaxed as those little fellows but unfortunately, it just won't happen that way.  I have fond memories of relaxing on the deck of a boat a few years ago, enjoying the breeze and the way the boat was being gently rocked by the waves in the bay.   Ohhh it was wonderful.  we sailed from Blaine, WA to a small island accessible only by boat and is now some sort of park.

The we being myself, my sister, her husband and their boat.  It was going to be an overnight trip, so I took everything one would take.  Sunscreen, bathing suit, shorts, tee shirt and a sarong.  I forgot about how well  the water reflects light back up.  

After sailing out to the island, we took a dingy in to land, wandered all over the island, from one side to the other and just had a blast.  Headed back to the boat in time to cook dinner before the sun set and just had a nice lazy dinner.  Talk about sleeping like a baby!

The next day, I felt a bit off.  Turns out, I ended up terribly sunburned and dehydrated.  Yes, I used the sunscreen but it was the spray on variety, not the rub in stuff with the zinc in it.  So it was unable to provide the necessary protection.  It turns out both my sister and I ended up a bit sick from the sun but my brother-in-law had no problem, probably because he's much darker and handles the sun better.

I have not had the chance to go back sailing with them but I hope one day to do it.  Perhaps, I'll move near her and beg her for regular trips out to that island.  I'll make sure to pack the heavy duty sunscreen, a huge floppy hat, and tons of lemon flavored water.  Yeah, I'm ready to go out.


No comments:

Post a Comment