Friday, June 7, 2019

Fireworks Over Waikiki

The other night, I was in my hotel room enjoying my book when something loud sounded outside.  At first I thought it might be a bomb going off but I quickly realized it was fireworks going off.

They usually set fireworks off of a barge out in the waters off Waikiki beach on Friday nights but this wasn't Friday night so it couldn't be the ones associated with the show at one of the hotels.

It turned out one of the Japanese skincare makeup companies hosted this. show.  They do it every year but usually there is a bit more notice.  I took some pictures from my hotel room and from the end of the floor, looking out to share with you.

I was glad not to have to rush down to the beach because half of the street in front of the hotel is undergoing some sort of renovation and there are always crowds wandering the streets at night.  Someone I know referred to some of these crowds as herds of people.

The day after, I spoke with a few people at the conference and they said they heard it all the way to where they live.  They couldn't see all the beautiful bursts of color but they heard it.

Now if they could hear it miles away, just think what it sounded like at my hotel.  The sound echoed off buildings.

As with most fireworks shows, groups of rockets were launched in a set pattern to allow multiple to be exploding in the night sky while others were on their way up.

The show lasted about 30 minutes from start to finish and was absolutely breathtaking.  

The fireworks burst in the sky making you "oooohhh" and "ahhhhh".  I love watching fireworks.


I hope you enjoyed the pictures but the pictures just don't quite do justice to the actual live show.  Let me know what you think, I'd love to hear.  Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment