Today, I'm devoting my space to recipes you can make at home designed to exfoliate either your face or body. They are easy and don't take much effort to make.
1. Cafe Au Lait Facial Scrub - 1/2 cup of coffee grounds, 1 cup brown sugar, 2 tablespoons of milk or buttermilk, and 1 teaspoon of honey. Mix all the ingredients together and store in an air tight container. When you are ready to use, gently dampen your face by splashing water or spraying water on it. Spread the scrub all over your face while avoiding your eyes. With wet hands, rub the mixture into your skin using circular motions. This should take three to four minutes. Rinse the mixture off your face and pat dry. You can store any left over scrub in the fridge to use another time.
2. Chocolate and Sugar Face Scrub - Mix 1/4 cup brown sugar, 1/8 cup olive oil, 1 tablespoon cocoa powder, 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract together in a small bowl. Remember cocoa powder is unsweetened and usually used for cooking. Rub the mixture onto your dampened face for about a minute and then leave on for 10 minutes before rinsing off and patting dry.
3. Lemon and Sugar Face Scrub - Mix 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1 tablespoon honey (organic preferred), juice from 1/2 lemon or 1 tablespoon lemon juice, and 1/2 cup granulated sugar. Mix the oil, honey, and lemon juice together fully and then mix in the granulated sugar. Gently rub the mixture into your facial skin for about 60 seconds before rinsing it off with lukewarm water.
1. Brown Sugar Body Scrub - Take 1/2 cup coconut oil, 1/4 cup honey, 1/2 cup brown sugar, and 3 tablespoons of ground oatmeal. Begin by mixing the coconut oil and honey together completely. Then add the brown sugar and ground oatmeal until you have a thick paste. Once you've wet your skin, rub the mixture all over your body for a minute or two and then rinse. Pat dry when your done.
2. Salt Body Scrub - Take 1/2 cup of salt and mix it with 1/2 cup of coconut or olive oil. Rub it over a damp body and rinse with lukewarm water. Store any left overs in a airtight container in the fridge.
3. Simple Sugar Body Scrub. Mix 1 cup of granulated sugar with 1/2 cup of vegetable oil. Apply to your wet body using your hands, wash cloth, or luffa sponge. Gently rub with a circular motion for about a minute or two and then rinse off.
I've given your three facial scrub and three body scrub recipes that use ingredients easily found in your kitchen. If you have some essential oils around, you can add 10 to 15 drops to either the salt or sugar body scrubs. Let me know what you think, I'd love to hear. Have a great day.