Wednesday, October 13, 2021

Taking Care Of Your Hair While Traveling.

I've been doing a lot of travel this fall.  I think I have 15 days between the end of one trip and the beginning of the next.  The one thing I've noticed is no matter how clean or dirty my hair is at the beginning of the trip, it is horrible by the time I arrive at my destination.  I think that might be because I'm either in the air or at the airport for 12 to 15 hours or longer.  I also notice that it is dryer than normal when I arrived so I had to figure out how to keep my hair in decent shape during the trip. 

Care for your hair begins before you ever leave home. The very first step is to moisturize your hair because the recirculating air on the plane tends to dry out your hair.  Apply a nice serum with argon oil, coconut oil, or apply a light coating of coconut oil straight.  This protects your hair so it doesn't look dull and dry by the time you land.  In addition, it is important to drink water on the trip but the addition of extra oil doesn't hurt.

If you are not immediately heading off for a meeting and have time to check in to your hotel, you might want to consider applying a hair mask before you leave so it has the whole trip to permeate the hair.  When you get to your hotel, wash it out and style your hair. Otherwise, if you have to head off to a meeting, apply a bit of serum to your ends to refresh it so it looks better.

On the other hand, if you want to fix your hair for the trip so you look more professional, think about applying a serum to your hair before you use straighten or curl it to nourish your hair and protect it from the recirculating air on the plane and in the airport. 

One important thing to include in your travel bag is some dry shampoo just in case you get stuck somewhere or arrive too late to get ready for a meeting.  When you have dry shampoo, you can clean your hair so it looks better without having to find water.  I've seen women who tried to wash their hair in bathroom sinks and it just doesn't work but with a dry shampoo, you don't have to worry about that.  It will be one of your best friends when traveling.

Once you get to your destination, you have to think about your hair, especially if you swim in a hotel pool, hit the ocean, or just lounging by the ocean.  Chlorine or saltwater can really mess with your hair, so if you apply some coconut oil to your hair before swimming or lounging, it can keep your hair from becoming brittle and dry. 

Finally, try not to wash your hair everyday, otherwise you can damage your hair even more.  Remember, hydrate, hydrate, hydrate, before, during, and after.  Let me know what you think, I'd love to hear.  Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment