Sunday, June 18, 2023

On My Way Home.

 I am on my way back from spending a week in Sofia, Bulgaria. I decided to share a few photos and I will be back to normal on Wednesday. This first photo was taken at the Bachkovo Monestery which has about 8 people in residence.


This is taken at Devetaki Cave where part of Expendables 2 was filmed. The government stored fuel in huge storage silos during the time it was under Soviet control.

This church is on the road heading to the Krushna falls.

This is the beautiful Krushna Falls



This is the old church by Aspen’s Fortress. The church is slowly being renovated but it is used for weddings, etc.

These are some of the ruins dating from Roman times. These were found when they were digging up the ground for an underground station.

Finally, the statue of St. Sofia which replaced the statue of Lenin when the eastern block fell.

No comments:

Post a Comment