Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Once Upon A Time

Wallpaper, Background, Night, Blue, Girl  Once upon a time, the way most fairy tales begin and the title of a television show, soon to start its seventh season.

I run about one year behind because I live in a place where the over the air choices are limited, no cable and I'd rather pay for basic internet than for Satellite because the channels I want come with the most expensive package.

I'd heard the actress playing the lead character "Emma" was leaving the show.  I was scared she'd die when I heard of the final battle with the visions she had.  I hate seeing characters die in any show because I have such a soft heart.  I've loved the fairy tale quality of the show with all its twists and turns, its bringing in characters from various stories.

Season six was no different than in its wonderful twists and turns from previous seasons.  I love the way the evil queen - the evil part of Regina she got rid of, the Black Fairy who turned out to be Rumpelstiltskin's mother and who stole his son to raise, Aladdin, Jasmine, Jafar, and changing reality.

It twisted and turned to a musical episode with some wonderful songs, a wedding, and a change in reality to help Emma loose hope.  Hope the one thing that keeps us going.  Hope, the one thing that keeps us going through the hard times.  Hope which convinces us things will be better.

The final battle was not physical, it was of keeping the belief alive vs the one who wanted to kill it.  Henry remained hopeful until the very end, even going so far as to leave his mother with one last story.  I loved the way she came back with that first step to face her enemy for the final showdown.

She won due to her goodness and everyone got their happy ending.  The endings made my heart turn warm and glowing.  I heard there  was going to be a 7th season with a slightly different focus on Henry this time rather than Emma.

I love the way they segued into the teaser for this new season so people will want to watch more to find out why Henry and why he has a daughter.  Since I don't have access to the current season.  I am going to have to wait a full year until the series comes out on DVD so I can buy it and have a marathon session.

Yes, I still have hope that the future will allow me to do the things I want to do.  I believe it will happen.  If it doesn't, I will always hope until the day I die.

Let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment