1. Clean your face so you've removed all the dirt, grime, and makeup. You need a clean face so your skin is like a blank canvas.
2. There is a specific order to apply skin care products to your face. After cleaning your face, you want to apply products such as toners, essences, serums, all designed to help hydrate your skin, The moisturizer is then applied on top of these products and if you use sunscreen, it is applied on top of this.
3. Make sure your skin is damp when you apply your moisturizer so if you use products to hydrate the skin, do not give the skin a chance to dry out before applying the moisturizer. This seals in the moisture so your skin stays hydrated throughout the day.
3. Apply only a pea sized blob of moisturizer to your skin and dab it all over your face before you smooth it into your skin. Do not rub the moisturizer between your hands before applying it to your face because your hands will absorb some of the moisturizer, instead, place the pea sized blob on the back of your hand and use your ring finger to dot it around your face. When you smooth it in, do so by moving the moisturizer away from the nose and eyes. Do not over apply the moisturizer. If you use too much, it will waste product because it won't all be absorbed into the skin, leaves your skin shiny and makes it hard to apply sunscreen later on.
4. Always clean your face and apply moisturizer twice a day. When you do it in the morning, you are cleaning off crud from the night before and at night, you get rid of the days grime and makeup. In addition, moisturizer is not designed to last for 24 hours at a time. To get the best results from using moisturizer, it is essential to apply it twice a day.
5. Even if you have acne, it is recommended you use moisturizer to help protect your skin and keep the acne from increasing. When choosing a moisturizer, look for an oil free gel that has niacinamide or retinol. When you skip moisturizer, it can make your acne worse, so find one that works.
It is important to apply moisturizer correctly because your skin is unable to retain adequate moisture without help. If you don't moisturize regularly, your skin can become dry and flakey. The moisturizer provides a barrier between your skin and the climate so it is protected from heat, cold, or pollution. It helps rehydrate and make your skin so much better. So remember, use a small pea sized bit of conditioner, dot it on, and smooth it around your skin for best results. Let me know what you think, I'd love to hear. Have a great day.