Monday, December 24, 2018

The trip got even more challenging.

On Friday, I wrote about the trip into Anchorage but that was before I got stuck at the airport waiting for my flight.  The flight started out being being about an hour and a half late but by the time it took off, it had been almost three hours late.

The trip was great but myself and many others missed connecting flights.  I missed mine by about 10 minutes but the airline was so great.  They rebooked me to the first flight the next morning, provided a room at a nice hotel, and gave me enough vouchers to pay for dinner and breakfast.

In addition, the agent set it up so I didn't have to collect my luggage and gave me the boarding pass so I didn't have to check in the next morning.  I was able to go straight through security but one of the family members I traveled with lost his ID because TSA didn't provide those little baskets to put stuff in so he put it in is pocket and sometime during its trip on the conveyor belt it fell out and disappeared.

He didn't discover this until he tried to rent the car.  He got a phone number for TSA but being a weekend, he has to wait till Monday to get a live person.  Hopefully, he'll find someone who knows where his ID is right now so he can pick it up the next time he goes through the airport.

The plane left on time and I arrived in Bellingham, Washington safely.  Friday night, I had to call the hotel and the car rental to change the dates on things and both places were very nice and understanding about it so when I got there, I was able to get the car and the room.  It was nice.

The only thing I hated about the trip so far, is all the stress I've had to put up with.  On the other hand, the Sea-Tac Airport arranged for people to entertain all travelers who are waiting for their flights.  I saw two dancing fairies, a fairy godmother in the traditional outfit looking like Glenda, the good witch from The Wizard of Oz", Santa Claus in the traditional dress like outfit with elf in tow, and as pictured in the photo, a one man band who played lots of Christmas Carols without stopping anywhere for long.

Furthermore, the airline I chose to travel, offered early boarding to anyone wearing an ugly sweater around the same time they invite all people on active duty to board.  I don't wear ugly sweaters because I hate them and won't have them in my house.

So I'm staying here for a few days but I have other things to share about the trip.  On the 26th, I'm heading down to Mexico for a week of nice warm weather.  Let me know what you think, I'd love to hear.

No comments:

Post a Comment