Thursday, August 22, 2019

Two New Things and One Oh My!

While I was in Los Angeles a couple of weeks ago, I spoke with a friend who happens to be a hair dresser.  She told me that you don't have to go in every six weeks to get a trim.  You really only need to go in when your hair needs it.  I'm glad to hear this because I can only get into town to get my hair trimmed three to four times a year.  I've been working on taking better care of it.

She also mentioned she'd found a new comb that was fantastic.  It's a detangler comb impregnated with coconut oil and keratin.  I found one at my local beauty supply store and bought one.  Ohhhh my goodness, it is awesome.  It makes it so much easier to comb out my hair whether its wet or dry.  It slides through my hair, eliminating all the knots I get from walking in the wind.  I found more on Amazon, so I'm planning on ordering a few more for when this one is done. 
While I was in the beauty supply store, I found these.  They are colored pieces of human hair attached to combs.  I got them in this bright pink, a dark red, and a dark purple so I can put in instant color without damaging my hair.  I wear my hair twisted on the top of my head so my hair is shorter.  I can attach the strands just under the bun and the streaks look like they are part of my hair.  I love them. I can be wild when I feel like it and be conservative when I need to.  It's a perfect solution.

Now for the Oh My!.  I told you that we had a major storm hit the village when I arrived.  We continued to have more and more rain until the water processing plant could not handle the amount of water and all the sudden it turned a bright orange, almost the color of a pumpkin.  The city put out a notice not to drink it, wash in it, or wash your clothing in it.  I didn't get the notice till after I'd filtered and boiled the water to drink and cook with it.

I'd also run a load of laundry so now all my whites are a dingy, yellowish, shade.  They look so old.  On Monday, I discovered I wasn't the only one who didn't get the notice in time.  There were quite a few people out there who did the same thing.  A couple of days later, they got the water situation under control but they still had to flush the lines so when I went to cook dinner again, I ended up with cruddy water again, so I switched dinner to things that were easy to cook and didn't need any water to prepare - Beans (canned), cheese, and corn tortillas.  Unfortunately, I had so many beans made up, I've had to eat them four days in a row.  The latest note from the city assures us its all under control.

I will not be posting tomorrow due to being involved in a high school camping trip.  The local high school performs service projects during most of the days before heading out to camp out of town for the evening.  While out there, they'll do some cultural activities, have snacks. play games, build leadership and team building.  I plan to take pictures and report back on it Monday.  I'd go a head and write an extra column but I have classwork and need to pack.  

Have a great weekend and I will have my usual pictures.  Have a great day and let me know what you think.





No comments:

Post a Comment