Yesterday, I wrote about what makes certain perfumes more expensive than others. Today, I'm exploring the 10 most expensive perfumes in the world. I already know that some of them will have diamonds in them but what which ones fall into this category?
10. Annick Goutal Eau d’Hadrien is at the bottom of the list costing a mere $441 per ounce. It has been around since 1981 when it was launched as a perfume for both men and women. Its fruity scent has lemon, orange, grapefruit, citrus and other ingredients but it is actually sold in a bottle that runs $1500 for 3.4 ml
9. JAR Bolt of Lightening is a bit more expensive at $765 per ounce. JAR is the initials for the jeweler who created this scent. Although it is marketed as having the scent of the air after a lightening strike it is actually more of an oriental fragrance for women.
8. Joy by Jean Patou for $800 an ounce. This scent was created back in 1929 for the French couture Jean Patou but it was launched for the public in 1936. It was designed to lift people's spirit during the depression and became extremely popular. This is the perfume, I mentioned yesterday that used jasmine flowers and rose petals.
7. Caron Poivre costs $1000 per ounce. This perfume was released in 1954 as a unisex perfume which could be worn by either males or females. It is a limited edition perfume sold in Baccarat crystal with a white gold collar. It has a spicy and peppery scent.
6. Hermes 24 Faubourg for only $1500 per ounce. This is a limited edition perfume by a company who manufactured only 1000 bottles total when it was released in 1995. The soft curvy bottle is made of St. Louis crystal.
5. Clive Christian #1 sells for $2150 per ounce. It comes in two scents, the woody oriental for men or the floral oriental for women. The bottle is made of lead crystal with a 1/3rd carat diamond on the neck.
4. Chanel Grand Exhibit can be had for $4200 per ounce. This version is the rarest, purest version of Chanel # 5 making it a very limited edition scent. Each bottle is created using molds so each bottle is unique and very few are created each year.
3. Baccarat Les Larmes Sacrees de Thebes sells for $6800 for each ounce. The scent is bottled in a pyramid shaped Baccarat crystal. This was one of three limited edition scents launched in 1998. This one is the least produced of the three. It uses amber, jasmine, rose, and other expensive ingredients.
2. Clive Christian #1 Imperial Majesty perfume costs over $12,000 per ounce. Only 10 bottles were ever released in 2005 so it is super expensive and super rare. Each bottle contains 16.9 ounces so the bottle costs over $200,000 which is why its so rare and expensive.
1. DKNY Golden Delicious Million Dollar Fragrance Bottle for $1,000,000. It is a golden apple shaped bottle made of 14 carat yellow and white gold with 183 yellow sapphires, 2,700 white diamonds, and so many other precious jewels. The 2909 precious jewels recreate the New York City skyline. This was auctioned off and the proceeds went to charity.
Wow is all I can say. I'll stick with my cheap stuff and enjoy the scents that I love most. Have a good day.