Thursday, June 30, 2016

Blogging -Do Not Do This!

I enjoy blogging and reading other people's blogs.  In fact, I subscribe to several and take time to read the updates.  I subscribe to a variety of blogs.  Some are on blogging, some are on domestic topics, some are on the latest in educational technology but they are all blogs that interest me.

Iphone, 6S, Plus, Apple, White, ScreenThere is one blog I subscribed to I enjoyed up until recently. the owner did something that totally turned me off and I unsubscribed.  I know you are wondering what it was so you do not make the same mistake.

I enjoy reading about travel and other people's trips.  It could be because at this point in time I have too many responsibilities to just quit my job and travel the world.  Or it could be there will always be places I do not want to go but I don't mind learning about.

I love checking out the entries but please do not turn your blog into something resembling Aunt Tildy's recent rip to Genoa with pictures and information on every place she visited, everything she ate and every strange thing she ran across.  I do not need a 5 hour show of a 7 day trip!

Where is this going?  Its going to the concept of do I really need to receive 3 to 8 updates a day from your latest trip?  Do I need a picture from the airplane showing me a piece of land that looks like every other place from the same altitude?  I really don't care about all the chips, fish or whatever else you ate for dinner.

I think for me, its receiving multiple e-mails in one day that bugs me.  Its like when you child keeps asking you the same questions multiple times in same day and you've answered it multiple times.  It just gets on your nerves.  I admit, it could be that I grew up in a household where we didn't share everything in our lives but had boundaries that included keeping certain things private. 

So please do not start sending me multiple e-mail updates ever day or I will unsubscribe to your blog.  I do not have time to read all of those updates. 

Thank you for your kind attention.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lee,
    I find multiple Emails in one day from the same person annoying since it clutters my inbox and I may not be interested in that particular post as it is.
    Great to see you. Thanks for bringing your post to the Blogger's Pit Stop last week.
    Janice, Pit Stop Crew

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for stopping by to comment. I agree with the clutter aspect.

    ReplyDelete