Thursday, July 27, 2017

Latest Recipe from the Farmers Market.

Bowl with salad.
When I went to the Farmers Market yesterday, one of the cooks from the Lemongrass Restaurant was out demonstrating a dish using many of the fresh produce available from the market.
Te recipe is as follows:
2 cups of shredded zucchini
1/2 cup of shredded carrots
1/2 cup of tomato wedges
1/2 cup green beans cut into inch long pieces
1/2 cup shredded radish roots
2 tbsp fish sauce
1 1/2 tbsp palm sugar
1 1/2 tbsp lime juice
5 fresh garlic cloves
Fresh chili to taste but dried could be used.

Crush chili and garlic.  Add sugar and vegetables to chili and garlic.  Mix together.  Add remaining seasonings and sauces.  Serve with fresh vegetables, cabbage, and green beans.

The salad tasted great and is easy to fix.  Personally, I would make the veggies finer than they did for the demonstration.  They used a little chili pepper in mine because I wanted a little spicy.  I would definitely make this at home. 

Some of the ingrediants

Preparation area


Shredded Zucchini.


 Tomorrow, pictures of Fairbanks, Alaska taken from my moving car.  Let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment