Friday, March 27, 2020

Relaxing Bath

Bath, Bubbles, Cartoon, Cellphone, Clean Every so often, when things get too stressful and I need to relax, I've been known to create a relaxing atmosphere and take a bath.  I will tell you, I never have my cell phone on when I'm taking a bath because I do not want to be disturbed.

The first thing I do, I set out some of those small battery run candles all over the bath room so I get the flickering without a possible fire hazard.  I picked up a supply of them over at Joanns along with lots of rechargeable batteries.

I make sure I've set a small digital device safely on the sink to play romantic music in the background.  This helps set the atmosphere for relaxation.  At this point I lock the door to the bathroom so I don't get any interruptions.

Then I add some bubble bath that smells really good or perhaps some bath salts but I seldom do bath oil because of the slick feel it leaves in the bath tub and on my skin.  I don't like feeling greasy so no oil but if you like bath oils, feel free to use it.  I love adding warm water to the tub and adding the bubble bath in after it's filled about half way.  Once the tub is full, I slide in and make sure I have a pillow that can be washed when I'm done to place under my head.

I let the warmth seep into my body while I listen to the beautiful background music.  I sometimes pretend I am in Paris listening to musicians playing just beyond the wall.  This is my perfect opportunity to use one of those sheet masks so the heat provided by the water, opens my pores and my skin just drinks in the liquid on the mask.

I admit, I'm one of those who loves lounging in the water until it is cool and I've turned in to a prune with wrinkly skin.  After I get out of the tub, I wrap myself in a towel, remove the sheet mask and dry myself off.  The remaining heat in the bathroom is perfect for helping my skin absorb lotion to keep it soft and nice.

By the end, I feel so nice and almost brand new.  Unfortunately, I don't have the time to take a bath as often as I'd like but with everything shut down, I have more time because most of my evening activities have been cancelled.

If there is no time to take a bath, I've been known to take a hot shower while using a sugar or salt based skin scrub to get rid of dead skin and I make sure I use a good lotion at the end.  I do take time to set up the flickering lights and the background music to make it more than just a shower.  Let me know what you think, I'd love to hear.  Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment