Friday, August 27, 2021

Bar Shampoo And Conditioner Report

I wrote on finding shampoo and conditioner in bar form earlier this summer.  I purchased it because I knew I was traveling internationally and I wanted something that would use less weight and had no chance of spilling.  I finally got a chance to use it last night since I'm in Sweden.   

The blue bar is the shampoo and the green is the conditioner.  They are a weird shape so they do not fit in a standard soap travel container but they dry nicely when placed on the paper they are packaged in.  

First off, the shampoo was quite easy to use.  I just wet it, rubbed it to create a lather and applied it to the hair.  It lathered up nicely without being too bubbly.  It rinsed out easily and cleanly and didn't leave my hair feeling weird.

The conditioner was a bit harder to use because you have to get it wet before the conditioner starts coating your hair.  I managed to get enough of it on my hair from roots to the ends and my hair hits the bottom of my butt.  So if I can use it, anyone can use it.  I can't say how long I spent rubbing the conditioner on my hair but I just rubbed until the hair felt as if it'd been covered with enough.  The conditioner rinsed out nicely too.

After I rinsed the conditioner out, I was afraid I'd have trouble combining it because my hair can be very picky about the shampoo and conditioner I use. Surprise, surprise, I was able to comb my hair after a quick spray of hair treatment.  I always use a detangler, or oil on my hair when I get ready to comb it, otherwise, I end up with too many knots.  Honestly, I was surprised the conditioner didn't leave my hair a nasty mess.

I used the Hibar brand but if you check on Amazon, you'll find so many more brands to choose from.  You can get moisturizing or columnizing, or containing argon oil, tea tree oil, lavender, or a variety of other herbs.  There are even some mainstream brands such as Garnier who offer shampoo bars.  They are made for dry, normal, and oily hair.  You just have to look at the descriptions to determine if it is something for your hair.

For me, these work well, take little space, and take only a little bit of space.  I highly recommend them and plan to carry the bar shampoo and conditioners for all my traveling.  In addition, the bars are going to last quite a while before I have to purchase any more.  Let me know what you think, I'd love to hear.  Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment