Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Who Are You in Rogue One?

Star Wars, Movies, Log Support  I finally got to watch the latest Star Wars film "Rogue One".  Yes, it made me cry.  Yes, it made me cheer.  Yes, I still have a secret hope the two main characters of the film did not die although I know they probably did.

I realized many of us in life are like the members of the council who wanted to play it safe and not even try.  They saw the Empire as being totally unbeatable so why even try?

So many of us, me included, are unwilling to make the jump into another job or into something else without setting up a safety net in case something happens.  I grew up in a family where I was always told "Do not quit your current job until you have another one lined up.

I dream of quitting my current job and pursuing a writing career I've always dreamed of.  I tell myself, I can do it.  I know ways to support myself and create a business but I'm scared to do it.  I'm scared to leave the security of what I know for the unknown.

<grins>  In my dreams, I am the heroine.  The one who thinks nothing of running off to fight for the rebellion.  Who is willing to walk that edge without knowing what could happen.  If you've seen the movie, you know that scene where they decide to go steal the Death Star Plans.  A bunch of rag tag people who have nothing left to lose volunteer to go, knowing full well they could die.

I think that attitude is what distinguishes those who jump off the cliff to do something new while those of us who hesitate think about what could happen and wonder if its worth it.  I'm not ready to make the jump.

I have set a date but I moved it back by one year because I decided I needed to finish the basement before I quit working otherwise I will still need a fair bit of money to get it done.  Its best to do it while I have a regular income.

Will I ever make the jump?  I don't know.  I know I want it but I don't know if I want it bad enough quite yet.  I'd love to hear your thoughts on this topic.  Have a great day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment