Tuesday, October 15, 2019

Venetian Glass

Yesterday, I shared some pictures from the museum of glass art in Tacoma.  Today, I'm sharing pictures of the Venetian Wall is on one side of the walkway to the Museum from Union Station.  This wall over the rail lines and is beautiful.  I don't know how many vases and such are there but I know there are tons.

Some of the glass creations look like regular vases with flowers or plants in them, while others appear to have curly hair coming out of the top.  


some almost look like unique creatures while others appear as plants or the Japanese Flower arrangements.

The art in this one installation is absolutely awesome and takes quite a bit of time to get through if you stop and look at each and every piece.

Yes, there are this many pieces of art.  If I'd taken a panoramic view, I don't think I would have actually been able to place it in this column because it would be so wide.

I love the little yellow object with blue spines in the above picture.  It reminds me of a small robot while the blue item just to the right of the big vase looks almost like a female wearing a boa.

As you can tell, one reason I like this is because the art is fanciful and one can make up a story about the piece.  It's almost like each one has its own story to tell.

The large one in the lower middle reminds me of a vase with two flowers.  One flower is fully open while the other is just getting ready to open.  On the other hand, the pink one just to the left of it looks like it is a decorated vase wrapped in ribbons.

Tomorrow, I'll finish off this three day share with other pictures I took in that area.  Let me know what you think, I'd love to hear.  Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment