I checked out the internet and found some places I'd classify as breathtaking rather than exotic because when I saw pictures of the places, I was stunned. Absolutely stunned.
The order of places will be in no particular order.
1. Bagan, Burma - Home of the largest number of Buddist temples per square mile in the world. Most of these temples were built between the 11th and 13th century. It is possible to take a hot air balloon ride at dawn to enjoy the view.
2. Forest of Knives in Madagascar is a series of sharp razor edged rock sprouting up in a beautiful forest. A visitor can hike around the forest and rocks to observe the birds and animals.
3. Namje, Nepal is extremely remote, accessible only by foot but the view is fantastic. As you hike in on the footpaths, you have a view of Mount Makalu, the fifth highest mountain in the world.
4. If you are a stargazer, check out Pisco Elqui, Chile where the skies are extremely clear and the weather is perfect year round.
5. If you are a fan of Conan Doyle's Lost World book, you have to head for Mount Roraima Venezuela. This place inspired the book. It is a geologic formation that forms a natural boundary between Venezuela, Brazil, and Guyana in South America.
6. While in South America, stop by Cano Cristales, Columbia. This is known as the most beautiful river in the world and nicknamed the "Liquid Rainbow". If you see it between July and November, the river bed is full of colors like red, green, blue, yellow, and black.
7. If you are in China, stop by Panjin Red Beach which has no sand but is a beautiful red from a type of seaweed. The Red Beach is the highest wetland and reed marsh in the world. The Sueda seaweed remains green through the summer and turns red in the fall.
9. Do you like strawberry milkshakes? If you do head off to Lake Retba, Senegal in Africa has naturally occurring pink water, the same color as a strawberry milkshake. It has a high salt concentration that supports micro-organisms which produce the pink color of the water.
10. Are you planning on getting married in the near future? Look at Fregate Island in the Seychelles. This private island has a one of the worlds most exclusive resorts with seven pristine beaches to visit. It is considered one of the ultimate honeymoon places in the world.
All of these places sound absolutely fantastic and I put them on my to see list for the future.
Post a Comment