Wednesday, April 13, 2016

The Top 10 Hits of All Time!

When spring arrives, I start hearing more music in my head.  The other day it was something from the movie Grease.  This morning it was "House of the Rising Sun" because the sun was already enough for it to be light at 7:00 A.M.  Songs tend to pop in my head once spring arrives.  It almost like the music is my personal garden and starts to grow about now.  When it gets cold and dark, the music runs away and hibernates much like a bear or my perenials.

Disc, Audio, Vinyl, Record, SoundHave you ever wondered what songs are so wildly popular, they stay around for a long time?  I remember the popular songs from when I was young.  I have a familiarity with 40's music due to a family member who is much older and played swing all the time.

I went to Billboard because they tend to rank and follow music trends since I don't know when.  They have a list on the Greatest of all Time - Hottest 100 singles.  The top 10 are sprinkled with both old ones from the 50's and 60's and more recent ones from The Black Eyed Peas.  The first time I heard of the Black Eyed Peas I wondered why a food would be singing.  On to the list.

1.  The Twist by Chubby Checker

2. Smooth by Santana

3. Mack the Knife by Bobbie Darrin

4. How do I live by LeAnn Rimes

5. Party Rock Anthem by LMFAO

6. I Gotta Feeling by The Black Eyed Peas

7.Macarena (Bayside Boys Mix) The dance to this song really made it around the world.  I saw it being done to Eskimo Drums one time with the exact same movements.

8. Physical by Olivia Newton-John

9. You Light Up My Life by Debbie Boone

10.  Hey, Jude by the Beatles. 

I though more of the Beatles numbers would be on the list because they started the screaming teenager phenomena.  I remember seeing clips on You Tube showing wild screaming almost out of control girls.

I hope one of your fav songs ended up on this list.  Have Fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment