Pizza is an American favorite, especially pepperoni. Most of people do not need an excuse to order pizza for dinner. When I'm in town, I love picking up a Papa Murphy's pizza for the night. I like it because you bake it fresh in the oven and serve it hot.
I wondered what pizza flavors are favored in other countries or are they the same as the U.S.? It turns out some countries have some very interesting combinations.
1. In Brazil, they like thin crusts with thin layers of sauce while being topped with peas, carrots, beets, and quail eggs. I'm not sure about the quail eggs but I think the rest sounds really good.
2. In Australia they top pizzas with barbecue sauce and an exotic meat like Emu, Kangeroo, or Crocodile. Sounds exotic.
3. France loves to have fried eggs on their pizzas. Sometimes the eggs are baked on the pizza, sometimes they are fried separately and added later but the egg yolk is always on top.
4. Russia loves the Mockba pizza which is sardines, tuna, mackerel, onion, salmon and red herring, the fish lovers special. I'm not sure about a couple of things but they really enjoy it.
5. India has their unique version with tandoori chicken or mutton, pickled ginger and paneer (cottage cheese), with loads of mayonnaise on top of it. This sounds a bit strange but the pickled ginger would give it a small kick.
6. Germany is known for using canned tuna mixed with vegetables and other ingredients on their pizzas.
7. Finland's most popular pizza was named after a former Italian Prime Minister. It is topped with smoked reindeer, chanterelle mushrooms and red onions. I know some kids who would really enjoy this combination.
8. The mayo jaga is the most popular pizza in Japan with mayonnaise, bacon, corn, potatoes, and onion. It is so popular it can be ordered from Dominos.
9. In the United Kingdom, they have a pizza with haggis and cavolo nero, black chile jam, and mozzarella. This particular one can even be found frozen in the supermarket.
10. In the Palestine area, pizzas are generally covered with pine nuts, spices and cinnamon mixed in olive oil. This one doesn't sound too bad at all.
11. Costa Rica loves their coconut and shrimp pizzas.
12. Sweden has their popular Pizza Africana that is topped with peanuts, bananas, chicken, pineapple and loads of curry powder. It is nick named a banana curry pizza.
13. Back to Japan for a pizza that uses squid ink instead of tomato sauce and topped with a variety of seafood. This pizza has no cheese. The ink makes the pizza kind of black.
14. For dessert, you can order a chocolate marshmallow pizza in New York.
So now you know about the most popular pizzas found in other countries. Some don't sound bad but others are interesting in a purely intellectual manner.
Post a Comment