The day after thanksgiving, also known as Black Friday, is the day of huge sales starting at 5 or 6 AM and designed to make you want to go in to shop. The problem is that most of us do not know what the best things to shop for. In other words, they have the best discounts.
We all see those bargains such as the 55 inch big screen television for $130 or a phone for $40 but you need to stop and check things out before buying. Is that item an off brand or is it last year's model? So what should you buy that is worth it at this time of year.
1. Appliances are great things to buy. I'm talking about vacuums, laundry machines such as washers and dryers, dishwashers, and refrigerators. These large ticket items are usually marked down so you get the best price you'll get all year.
2. Apple devices are usually on sale with the best buys being found at dealers other than the apple store and you want the last generation, not the current one.
3. Android or window tablets can be found with good prices, especially if you are interested in a budget tablet or a refurbished one.
4. Although clothing can be marked down on Black Friday, the best time to buy clothing is on Cyber Monday.
5. Television sets can be a very good buy at this time so you need to check it out.
6. Laptops, both mainstream and budget, tend to be sold at very good prices.
7. Certain game consoles can be great buys. Look for bundles with software and controllers.
I figure if I see something at a good price and I need it, I'll buy it but I am not getting up to be at a store before the crack of dawn just to get one of two items on extreme sale. Let me know what you do.