Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Vegetarian Mushroom Sandwich

The other day I was reading a wonderful cookbook on Banh Mi sandwiches.  In it, I found some nice ideas for marinading meat, mushrooms, and other foods.

I mixed two tablespoons each of Black Chinese vinegar and sweetened soy sauce, with one tablespoon of chopped garlic.  I sliced several button mushrooms into the mixture and cooked it over medium heat until the liquid had mostly disappeared. 

I spread the mix on a toasted bun my neighbor gave me.  I layered sliced tomatoes and avocado over the mix.  I melted a bit of cheese on the other part of the bun before putting it on top of the mixture.

Ohhhh, it was soo delicious.  I want to try this again with sliced tofu marinaded in this mix so it has the flavor.  I might even try it with Portobello mushrooms since these are often used instead of meat.

I wish I'd been able to do justice to describing the flavor but no words can describe the delightful taste exploding on my tongue.  It was just sooooo good that I all I can do is salivate with anticipation of when I can make this again the next time.

I admit, the recipe I gave will only feed one person but its easy to adjust for more people.  Sorry this is so short but I wanted to share one use of Black Chinese Vinegar.

No comments:

Post a Comment