Thursday, March 23, 2017

Tree Houses of Longwood Gardens.

I do not know how many acres Longwood Gardens cover but I do know there are several tree houses spread out around the place.  Since it is spring, I was unable to get to all the tree houses but I managed to take pictures of two fun ones.

This first one you stumble across if you follow the path to the right around towards the water garden.  It is a small two to three story building with a class window at the very, very, top.  

When you climb up the stairs, just before you enter the building, you come across this beautifully carved mythical creature who is guarding the door.  

 As we followed the path along toward the cafe, we came across this huge place with two different tree houses.  The front one is more open while the back one is a bit more finished.
Behind the part you see in the above photo is the hall you see in the photo below.  I love the curved roof.

 Inside both of the buildings, you can find these steampunk like creations with bells at the end.  I wasn't able to figure out exactly how it was supposed to work but the guys with the group spent some time playing with them.

Yes, everyone had a blast.  Tomorrow, the whimsical children's garden. I hope you all enjoyed the pictures.  Have a good day.  Let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment