Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Back Home

Holiday House, Summer House, Home  I arrived home Sunday evening after traveling for 20 hours on planes and more hours waiting between flights.  I was so tired both Sunday night and last night I was in bed way early due to the 11 hour time difference.

It was interesting because in Finland, I was selected for a more in-depth screening.  I was short on time but I was assured the plane would not leave without me.

I tried a new mobile passport app and it was great.  A lady I know, recommended it for traveling because it cut down on the time through customs.  I downloaded it, filled it out, and as soon as I landed in Washington D.C., I used the internet to send the information out and shortly there after, I had a QR code which allowed me to cut through and saved quite a bit of time.

I ended up having to check in a couple times due to the time between flights or a last flight in the leg was past the 24 hour period.  I discovered smoking rooms inside airports, one with a door, one without.  My body still hasn't figured out what time zone its in.

Yesterday, I had to go to work and spent the whole day catching up and my internet should be up at home in the next few days so until then, I have to write these at work in between things.  By the time I got home last night, I was so tired, I couldn't do anything.  I barely made it to 8:45 before crashing.  I slept all the way to 6:45 without waking.

Its good to finally be home again so I can sleep in my own bed, have my own schedule, and do what I want.  I enjoyed my visits to other places this summer but after a while, it gets a bit tiring.  I hit a point where my body didn't know what time zone it was in and my sleep schedule got so messed up, I couldn't sleep when I should.

Tomorrow, I want to share a food I had in Iceland that I fell in love with.  It can be made at home and there is some discussion on what it is.

I hope you all had a great day, see you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment