Wednesday, August 2, 2017

On My Way To Iceland.

Iceland, Mountains, Lake, Country  Good morning to everyone.  I hope you are well today.  I write this as I await the next leg of my journey to Iceland. 

I sit in the Seattle Airport, in the North Terminal just a couple gates down from where I sat the other night waiting to go home.

I was home less than 24 hours before I started this journey.  No, I did not take time to do laundry from the trip to Los Angeles.

I knew I'd have such a short stop, I packed three suitcases before I left for Los Angeles.  Two were for the trip to Los Angeles and the third for this trip.  While in Los Angeles, I purchased a bunch of beautiful taffeta in several different jewel tones, some patterned red velvet with golden threads running through it in a regular pattern, and a few other things.  One of the suitcases was empty because I knew I'd be shopping.

So for this trip, I have one check through with coat, hoodie, hiking boots, and some professional clothing for the conference I'm attending.  All my electronics ended up in my back pack along with a few other things.  I splurged on a travel pillow for the Washington D.C to Iceland in case I get tired enough to sleep.

I seldom sleep on any airplane unless I am exhausted and even then, its a maybe.  I have not been able to sleep on planes since a BOAC flight between Australia and Hawaii, when a young girl woke people up to offer them a snack.  Since that day, I've never gotten to sleep.

I'm due to arrive in Iceland around 6:30 in the morning, their time.  I plan to take pictures from the airplane as we come in for a landing.  I should be able to post my first pictures of Iceland.  I'm told its absolutely beautiful, with temperatures in the 50's and 60's.  I gave myself a couple of days before I go on a tour of the southern part of the island. 

The southern part has lots of volcanic and geothermic activity.  I can hardly wait to see it all but before that I plan to do a nice walking tour of Reykjavik, checking out the place.  The day I arrive, I'm going to sleep a bit because I'll have gone about 24 hours with little to no sleep.  My boss gave me orders to take lots of pictures so I will and I will share some of those photos with all of you.

I am off to get a few other things before I have to board for my connecting flight.  Have a good day and let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment