Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Korean Skin Care.

Oil, Geranium, Leaves, Flowers  Growing up, my mother always recommended I use moisturizer so my skin would always be nice.  She didn't talk about much else in terms of taking care of your face but that was it.

On Christmas day, at the big family gathering with everyone from 2 years to 93 years old, gathered to exchange gifts, enjoy great food, and play a gift stealing game.  I had a lovely visit with my niece who keeps track of things like the best hair color product, skin care, etc.

She said she's started using the Korean skin care system which is not a set of brand products but a system using which ever brand you choose to use. She raved about it and tried to explain how it differed from standard systems.  I'd never heard of it but I checked my books and found I have a book on it.

The idea behind the Korean skin care system is to hydrate the skin so its clear, dewy and makes you look younger.  These products do not contain alcohol because Koreans feel it hurts the skin rather than helps it.

The system begins with two cleanings, the first an based cleaner designed to remove makeup, etc effortlessly while the second is a water based that removes anything left on the skin and
 leaves the skin nice.  This cleansing is designed to remove make-up, sunscreen, clean the skin of impurities, and does not remove the natural oils present.   Next, you exfoliate the skin to get rid of the dead cells and its finished by using a toner.

The toner is designed to sooth the skin while balancing the PH to about a 5.5 or so which is considered perfect.  This is topped by a essence which is more fluid than a serum and helps moisturize the skin. The serum is next and it targets specific needs of the face such as dry areas, or fine lines.  After you've finished applying the essence and serum, its time for a mask and not the usual one.

The mask is actually a sheet filled with moisture you place on your face for 10 to 20 minutes before removing it but it is only used a few times a week.  The sheet mask has lots of good ingredients for your skin. This is followed by a moisturizer for the eye area and the rest of the face.  The eye cream should help eliminate the puffiness around the eye, protect the thin skin, and brighten the are.  The face moisturizer is the layer that locks in the rest of the moisture and nutrients you've applied up to this point.

The final step in the morning is to apply a light weight sun screen with a good SPF on your fact.  This system should be done two times a day, once in the morning, and once in the evening.  They recommend using a sleep mask ( a mask applied at night instead of a moisturizer) a few times a week to improve your skin and is designed to remain there all night rather than being washed off.

Yes, I ordered some things off of Amazon but they will take several weeks to get here.  Since I'm currently in Washington state and family plans to take me to a huge Korean market down in Linwood later in the week.  I am going to get a few things to start me off on the regime so I can check it out.

Winter in Alaska can be hard on anyone's skin so if this works, I'm always looking for products that improve my skin, protect it, and keep it looking good so I don't look twice my age.  I'll report back on how it works sometime in February or March when I've gotten everything and give it time to work.

Let me know what you think.  I'm always happy to hear.

No comments:

Post a Comment