Tuesday, April 16, 2019

The 10 Most Popular Easter Candies

Easter, Easter Körbchen, Easter Nest Aside from Halloween, Easter is the next day associated with candy, lots of candy.  Everyone has their favorites.  I love those malted milk eggs, the pastel ones with speckles and when you chomp on them, you bite into malted milk filling.

Although there are tons of candies sold at Easter time, some are more popular than others.  In addition, there are some most people would never think of missing at this time of year.  My brothers loved those marshmallow ones.

So which ones out of the ones available are considered the most popular?  The list is in no particular order.

1.  Jelly Beans.  Jelly Beans have become a traditional favorite at this time of year.  Most parents buy bags of them and sprinkle loose one in the grass filled basket.  The basket might be made by the child or purchased at the store but both perfectly acceptable.  Sometimes, jelly beans are stuffed into plastic eggs because they fit so nicely.

2.  M & M's produce pastel colored M&M's for Easter.  Although they taste the same as the regular, the pastel colors give it a more festive feel.  Furthermore, I've never seen Easter M&M's in anything other than regular chocolate.

3. Cadbury Creme Eggs are candy eggs filled with orang and white fondant to replicate the yolks and whites found in a normal egg.  Each one is wrapped in a beautifully decorated foil square, labeled as Cadbury Creme egg.  The writing is blue on a yellow background surrounded by blue again.

4. Hershey's Chocolate covered Marshmallow Eggs which are the ones my brothers absolutely adored.  The marshmallow is covered with milk chocolate that is gooey and wonderful.  I had to watch my candies or my bothers would "borrow" my chocolate covered eggs to eat.  Did you know you can use these in S'mores instead of using separate chocolate and marshmallows.

5. My favorite - Whoppers Robin eggs.  These encase the egg shaped malted milk balls in a crunchy chocolate shell, making them more Easter like.  These are usually pastel colored and the shells often have speckles on them to make them more realistic.

6. Chocolate Bunnies, those chocolates in the shape of rabbits.  Some are solid and some are hallow but they both melt in your mouth in rich chocolatey flavor.  The bad thing is they are so good, they don't last very long.

7.  Peeps, those yellow marshmallow chicks that have been around for a while.  Peeps look like chicks complete with dark eyes, illusion of wings, and beaks.  My brothers had fun eating these because they took great pleasure in biting the heads off first before throwing the rest in the mouths for the second bite.

8. Lindt Chocolate Carrots come wrapped in an orange foil so they look like carrots on the outside but on the inside they are made of hazelnut flavored Swiss chocolate.  I've never seen these but I'm told they are absolutely delicious. In fact, its suggested parents get some for themselves rather than giving them to the kids.

9. Reeces Peanut Butter Eggs, a peanut butter oval covered in milk chocolate and wrapped in a package similar to their regular Peanut Butter Cups.  My father always bought extra ones for himself because he's always liked these.

10 Russel Stover's Eggs come in a variety of flavors from Strawberry Creme, to Black Velvet, to Banana Whip.  They make 22 different flavors covered in either white, milk, or dark chocolate.  They offer two different peanut butter eggs, one is crunchy and one is smooth.  The two flavors that appeal to me most are the carrot cake egg, or the coconut macaroon egg.

I hope I covered your favorite Easter Candy in this list.  I also hope it brought fond memories.  Let me know what you think, I'd love to hear.


No comments:

Post a Comment