I love yogurt. I eat a fair bit of it, mostly the Greek style because I prefer its thickness. I use it in cooking or eat it straight. I might mix in granola or fruit but I often eat it plain.
I ran across something which made me realize that you can use it for other things. Please use plain yogurt for the following uses.
1. Eating it can help your diarrhea go away because yogurt has the proper bacteria to help restore and balance the intestine.
2. It contains Alpha-Hydroxy acid which can help even out skin tone, tighten pores, cleanse skin, and even help freckles fade over time. So use it as a facial and help your skin.
3. Spread yogurt over a sun burn to help the skin repair itself. You spread it over the effected area, leave for 20 minutes, then rinse off.
4. Yogurt can be used instead of mayo in tuna fish sandwiches. It can also be used as a replacement for sour cream.
5. Yogurt makes a great hair conditioner. Work yogurt into clean wet hair and let set 10 to 15 minutes before rinsing. Yogurt is good for itchy scalps and helps control dandruff.
6. Mix one tablespoon of honey with one cup of yogurt and rub it all over your hands. Let it stand 10 to 15 minutes before rinsing off. It will leave your hands smooth.
7. Mix 1/2 finely ground walnuts with a cup of yogurt. Rub this all over your feet to exfoliate and smooth them.
8. If you add food coloring to plain yogurt, you have edible finger paints so you don't have to worry about the safety of your finger paints.
9. It is said that yogurt is good for relieving the itch of athletes foot. Apply yogurt to the infected area, let dry and wash off with water and dry.
10. If a baby has a yeast based diaper rash, spread yogurt over the rash instead of a commercial diaper cream.
11. Use it instead of cream in soups.
I love yogurt and I have it with granola for breakfast or add it to Indian dishes for a smooth tart flavor. How do you use it?